Photorejuvenation is a general concept that directly describes a technology based on the use of intense light for the treatment and rejuvenation of the skin.
Let's understand a little about the main technologies that are used for this.
IPL and BBL
IPL stands for Intensive Pulsed Light;
BBL is an abbreviation for Broad Band Light, broadband light. BBL is an innovative proprietary technology developed by Sciton using broadband light.
BBL and IPL. How does it work?
Broadband Light Technologies - Photorejuvenation
Both systems (IPL and BBL) work on the principle of selective photothermolysis, directing light energy into the skin. Light energy is absorbed by skin chromophores and converted into heat. Chromophores, or as they are also called targets, are the pigment in the skin or hair follicle, hemoglobin of pathologically dilated vessels, hemangiomas, coproporphyrins of propionibacterium acnes when acne is the target, as well as water contained in the skin and intercellular space.
The heat that accumulates in the chromophore when exposed to light leads to its destruction, and then immune cells are included in the process, which lyse the dead cells.
Thus, a clinical result is achieved - depending on the goals of the procedure, either the skin branches off or vascular elements leave, remission of inflammation in acne is achieved, etc.
Over the past decade, treatment with BBL systems has become a widespread and reliable way to correct photodamage to the skin, treat rosacea, rosacea, and prevent age-related changes.
BBL is an effective patented technology using broadband light that sets the standard for the treatment of chrono and photoaging with minimal rehabilitation and significant long-term results.
Thanks to flexible optional settings, replaceable filters and adapters, we can solve a whole range of tasks in one procedure, such as:
- uneven skin tone and texture
- rosacea, rosacea
- acne - acne
- chrono-aging of the skin
Both BBL and IPL share the same basic concept, however there are significant differences in technology that set BBL apart in their respective fields.
Photorejuvenation - what is the difference between BBL and IPL?
Despite the fact that these technologies have their similarities in terms of the principle of operation, BBL technology has a number of significant advantages:
- BBL uses twin tube technology to deliver the unique quasi-long pulse needed to operate safely and efficiently at short wavelengths.
- The high power of the device with a rectangular pulse allows very effective, and most importantly, absolutely safe work with complex vascular pathologies.
- The BBL system has precise control over the power distribution over the entire die area, which is also important for safe operation at high energies.
- Replaceable filters with different wavelengths, allow you to quickly change the direction of the procedure. In one procedure, we can work with pigmentation, rosacea and acne;
- Interchangeable adapters of various diameters allow delicate and safe treatment of the skin in all areas, as well as selectively affect small targets.
- Cooling technology regulates skin temperature with 1 degree precision. This allows higher energy to be used safely, achieving excellent results in fewer treatments;
- Sciton BBL is the only system in the world that has been proven to be effective, clinically proven.
Research from Stanford University proves that BBL (Broad Band Light) photorejuvenation promotes skin rejuvenation at the molecular level
New research recently published in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology, 30 August 2012; doi: 10.1038.jid.2012.187 the authors of Chang A, Bitter P, et al. proved that the Sciton BroadBand Light (BBL™) can alter the expression of genes associated with the aging process and make them youthful. Research confirms that the regulators of aging can be altered in human skin using BBL technology to bring about functional changes, not just a cosmetic imitation of youth! At the same time, the processes of skin repair, typical for all rejuvenation procedures, are not started. This is a very important point, since the absence of stressful mechanisms is not true. Feel the resources of the skin, there is no "addiction" to the procedure.
Forever Young BBL is the first and only skin rejuvenation treatment aimed at slowing down the manifestations of visible skin aging in all patients, including those with darker skin types. In addition to clinically improving the appearance of photodamaged skin, there is confirmed evidence that regular BBL treatments improve the expression of youth-related genes in mature skin cells, effectively reversing the aging process and restoring the skin to a genetically youthful state.
Clinically proven efficacy
BBL photorejuvenation is the only procedure that has been shown to alter the expression of genes associated with aging, longevity and cell longevity. With regular Forever Young BBL treatments, your skin will look clearer, more radiant and youthful.
Photorejuvenation in Venus Clinic is an uncompromising solution for youth, health and radiance of the skin!